Membership of the Association is open to person with Graduate or equivalent Academic Qualifications and interested in the advancement of science in India.
- Annual Member: A person willing to be enrolled as new Annual Member has to pay an annual subscription of ` 200/- along with an admission fee of ` 50/-* (for foreign ** U.S.$ 70) only. The annual subscription of a Member shall become due on the 1st April of each year.Anyone who fails to pay the subscription on or before the 15th July in any year shall lose the right of voting and /or holding any office of the Association for that year. A member failing to pay the annual subscription by the end of March of the following year shall cease to be a Member.Annual members can renew their Membership without paying the admission fee in the next year by remitting subscriptions in time i.e. within 15th July. Members may contribute papers for presentation at the Science Congress.They will receive, free of cost, reprints of the Proceedings of the Session of any one section of their interest and also the bi – monthly journal of the Association “Everyman’s Science” for that year only. For Renewal of Membership please download the form from ISCA website.
- Sessional Member: If for some reasons, Annual Members fail to renew their Membership by remitting subscription prior to 15th July each year,their Membership for the year would be restricted to Sessional Membership without voting right.Sessional Member has to pay ` 200/- (for foreign U.S. $50). A Sessional Member shall have the right to present paper/poster at the session of the congress of which he/she is a member. A Sessional Member shall not be eligible to participate in the voting process. A Sessional member shall not be eligible to participate in the Business meetings of the Sections and the General Body.
- Student Member: A person studying at the under – graduate level may be enrolled as a Student Member by paying an annual subscription of ` 100/- only provided his/her application is duly certified by the Principal/Head of the Institution/Department. A student member shall have the right to submit papers for presentation at the Session of the Congress of which he /she is a member, provided such papers be communicated through a Member,or an Honorary Member of the Association. He/she shall not have the right to vote or to hold any office.A student member shall not be eligible to participate in the Business meetings of the Sections and the General Body.
- Life Member: A Member may compound all future annual subscriptions by paying a single sum of `2000/- (for foreign** U.S.$ 500) only. Any person who has been continuously a member for 10 years or more, shall be allowed a reduction in the compounding fee of `50/- for every year of such membership, provided that the compounding fee shall not be less than `1,200/- (for foreign **U.S.$ 12.50 and U.S.$ 300 respectively). A Life Member shall have all the privileges of a member during his/her lifetime.
- Institutional Member: An Institution paying a subscription of `5,000/- (for foreign** U.S.$ 2,500) only, can become an Institutional Member of the Association for that financial year. It shall be eligible to nominate one person as its representative to attend Annual Session of the Science Congress. An Institutional Member shall be eligible to receive, free of cost, a copy of the complete set of Proceedings of the Annual Science Congress Session as also a copy each of the Association’s journal ” Everyman’s Science”.
- Donor: Any person paying a lump sum of `10,000/- (for foreign **U.S. $ 5000) only, can become an 54 Individual Donor of the Association. An INDIVIDUAL DONOR shall have all the rights and privileges of a member during his/her lifetime. An Institution paying a lump of `50,000/- (for foreign **U.S.$25,000) only, can become an INSTITUTIONAL DONOR of the Association forever, which shall have the right to nominate one person as its representative to attend Annual Session of the Science Congress. An Institutional/Individual Donor shall be eligible to receive, free of cost, a copy of the complete set of Proceedings of the Annual Science Congress Session as also the Association’s journal “Everyman’s Science”.
* Admission fee of `50/- is needed only for becoming a new Annual Member and not for Sessional
Member/Life Member/Institutional Member/Student Member/Donor.
** (A Foreign Member means one who is normally Resident outside India).
A) Presentation of Papers : A copy of complete paper accompanied by an abstract in triplicate not exceeding one hundred words and not containing any diagram or formula, must reach the Sectional President latest by September 15, each year.
B) Members of all categories are entitled to Railway Concession of return ticket by the same route with such conditions as may be laid down by the Railway Board for travel to attend the Science Congress Session provided that their travelling expenses are not borne, even partly, by the Government (Central or State), Statutory Authority or an University or a City Corporation and their total earning of or emoluments drawn do not exceed ` 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand per month). Please download the Railway Concession form from ISCA Website.
C) Members of all categories are entitled to reading facilities between 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all weekdays (except Saturdays & Sundays) in the Library of the Association.
D) Members of all categories may avail Guest House facilities, Lecture Hall hiring at the rates fixed by the Association from time to time.
E) Members of all categories should bring the Membership Card always for attending any Seminar, Conference and Annual Congress organized by ISCA in future.
Note : (1) All Bank Drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Indian Science Congress Association” Payable at any branch in Kolkata. Members are requested to mention their Membership No. while making any correspondence to ISCA office.
(2) No money order, I.P.O., ECS or cheque will be accepted by ISCA. No Membership will be taken without duly filled in prescribed Membership Form (Application Form for New Membership/Application for Renewal of Membership).
(3) Cash will only be taken by hand at ISCA Hqrs. Pl. do not send the Cash by Post within the envelope.
Subscription should be sent by Bank Draft to “The Indian Science Congress Association” 14, Dr. Biresh Guha Street, Kolkata – 700 017
How many registrations required to participate in ISC2020?
There are two registrations, one registration to become member of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) and another one to participate in ISC2020.
Is it Compulsory to become member of ISCA to participate in ISC2020?
Spot registration available at the venue?
What is the Registration Fee to become a member of ISCA
Please refer the membership plans on the top of this web page.
Please click here to know more and manually submit ISCA membrship registration form.
What is the Registartion Fee for ISC2020?
Please click here for more details.