About Women Science Congress
The role of women in society is vital for its progress and their contribution to the development of knowledge base and use of technology is essential if the millennium challenges are to be met. Women have made important contributions in all walks of life and made in roads into new fields of science and technology. Women constitute 50% of human resource thus contributing a major strength, the socio-economic development of the country. According to recent survey, the enrollment of Women to persue education in Science and Technology is equal to men, however only 8% of them continue their career in Science after education. There is need to narrow down this gap and utilize potentiality of women who could do wonders in Science. The participation of women is still restricted and limited because of widespread discrimination at the basic education level and lack of opportunities for pursuing science as a career, predominantly in rural areas, where they will find it difficult to participate in science owing to the formidable barriers that stand in their way such as harsh living conditions, religious traditions, negative attitude arising from the orthodox etc. In this context, the Women Science Congress provides an excellent platform to present women achievers from all walks of life to share ideas and experiences to motivate the younger women to actively participate in science to identify and find simpler solutions through Science and Technology.
Call for Poster Presentation
All the abstracts for poster presentation must be sent to email@example.com. Abstracts should be within 100 words, without any sketches, tables etc.
- First author should be female.
- Abstracts are accepted only for theme of women science congress.
- The model format for abstract is available at https://www.isc2020uasb.com
- Each author is entitled to submit only two abstracts.
- All authors must be members of ISCA.
- Abstracts should reach on or before 30th November 2019. The abstracts of the papers approved will be printed in Part II of the Proceedings of the Women Science Congress.
- Contributed papers would be presented primarily by way of posters.
- List of abstracts accepted will be notified in the website after 30th November 2019.
- The authors should submit full length paper of the accepted abstracts by 30th November 2019.
- Size of each poster should be 5 feet (height) x 3 feet (width) and should be neatly prepared which can be read from a distance of 3 feet.
- Please note that there is no separate registration for Women Science Congress. Those who have become members of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Kolkata and registered for Indian
Science Congress ISC2020 are eligible to send their abstracts.
- All the women delegates are requested to register online at website: www.isc2020uasb.org
Best Poster Presentation Awards
There will be two awards for faculty and two for students.
Conditions for Award
Women Scientist (Faculty)
- Should be the first author.
- Only author should present the poster.
Women Young Scientist (Student)
- Should be the first author.
- Should be less than 35 years of age as on 30.10.2019.
- Only Author should present the poster.
- Latest Institutional photo identity is must.
Dr. V. V. Belavadi
Dr. K. N. Ganeshaiah
Dr. K. Chandrashekar
Dr. N. Sumithramma
About University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
The University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore was established in 1964 and is a premier institute distinguished for its excellence in agricultural education, research and farmer friendly outreach. The fundamental mission of University is adoption of total quality management to equip students for market needs, reach out to farmers with economical and sustainable agricultural technologies. The University campus filled with trees and greeneries is spread over 1200 acres. The University currently offer six Under-Graduate Degree programs in Agriculture, Sericulture, Food Technology, Agricultural Marketing & Cooperation, Agri-Biotechnology and Agricultural Engineering, Master’s Degree programme in 22 disciplines and Doctoral degree programme in 15 disciplines across its five campuses in Bangalore, Hassan, Chintamani, Mandya and Chamarajanagara. The University also offers Diploma and Certificate courses to meet the human resource needs of technology, services, marketing and extension in agriculture and allied sectors. The curriculum in all academic programmes is dynamic and backed by University’s five decades of experience in higher education.
Bangalore, the fastest growing metropolis, capital of Karnataka, is also known as the Garden city, Science city and Silicon valley of India. It is well connected by Air/Rail/Road from all corners of the country. Located at an altitude of 980m above MSL. Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather throughout the year. It has many tourist attractions, Vidhana Soudha, High court, Central Library, Cubbon Park, Lalbagh, Palace, Bull temple, ISKCON temple, many shopping malls, Commercial street, Brigade Road and MG Road etc.
Aim and Objective of the Event
A century ago, women’s role was mainly at home with the responsibility of looking after kids and old people at home and cooking and feeding them. Today, women not only do what they were doing a century ago but also landing chandrayaan on moon. Women are holding prominent positions in organizations and whole heartedly contributing to the society through science and technology. While we celebrate their achievements, the next generation needs to learn from their experience and walk the path unlocking right opportunities for themselves.
Why this conference?
In the recent past many conferences have been concentrating on the life of women in urban areas. Now is the time to think of the rural women. As Mahatma Gandhi pointed out women–be the change you want to see in the world. We would be celebrating the 150 years of birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on sustainable development”.
Objectives for the 107th Women science congress
- To provide single platform for women working in different arena of science and technology to showcase their achievements and experiences
- To prepare vision document-a road map for women in science and technology
- To recommend policy issues to enhance role and utilize the full potential of women in science and technology
Accommodation and Transport
Those who wish to avail accommodation facilities, please go to the Indian Science Congress Official website https://www.isc2020uasb.com and fill the required forms. Bangalore is well connected with bus, train and airline facilities. To reach the venue, participants can use city bus service, Uber or Ola cabs.
The Registration Fee (along with the Registration Form) has to be paid as follows:
Money transfer / NEFT / RTGS
(Inter bank tranfer) to CANARA BANK
GKVK Branch, Bangalore
Account Number : 2737101019606
IFSC : CNRB0002737
Money transfer can also be done through internet banking
All payments should be addressed to 107th Indian Science Congress 2020