About Science Communicators’ Meet
Science Communicators’ role is to facilitate public engagement with scientific issues. Science communication plays an integral part in one’s scientific career. Being able to effectively disseminate research findings within the community and to consider collective opinions in prioritizing research needs is an important attribute of scientific maturity. Thus, dissemination of scientific information and inculcation of scientific attitude among masses at large is the need of the hour.
With this broad goal, Science Communicators’ Meet is held every year at the Indian Science Congress for understanding and promoting effective communication of science to diverse audiences. It provides an opportunity to academicians, science journalists, activists, filmmakers, scientists and other communicators from all over the world to meet, deliberate and exchange their views on how to develop science communication. The aim of this years Science Communicators’ Meet is to bring together experts in the field of science communication with particular reference to rural development.
Call for Poster Presentation
Abstracts are invited for poster presentation and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts should be within 100 words, without any sketches and tables.
- Abstracts should address the theme of Science Communicators’ Meet.
- The model format for abstract is available at https://www.isc2020uasb.com
- Each author is entitled to submit only two abstracts.
- Abstracts should reach on or before October 30th 2019.
- List of abstracts accepted will be notified on the website by 15th November 2019.
- The authors should submit full length paper of the accepted abstracts by 30th November 2019. The abstracts of the papers approved will be printed in Part II of the Proceedings of the Science Communicators’ Meet.
- Size of each poster should be 5 feet (height) x 3 feet (width) and should be neatly prepared which can be read from a distance of 3 feet.
- Please note that there is no separate registration for Science Communicators’ Meet. Members of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Kolkata and those registered for Indian Science Congress ISC2020 are eligible to send abstracts.
- All the delegates are requested to register online at website : www.isc2020uasb.org
107 ISC 2020 Organising Committee
Dr. S. Rajendra Prasad
Vice-Chancellor & Chairman
Dr. Y.G. Shadakshari
Director of Research, UASB &
Dr. K.C. Narayana Swamy
Controller of Examinaiton, UASB &
University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru
The University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UASB) was established in 1964 and is a premier institute of agricultural education, research and outreach. The mission of university is adoption of total quality management to equip students for market needs and to reach out to farmers with economical and sustainable agricultural technologies. The verdant University campus is filled with trees and greenery spread over 1200 acres. The University currently offers six Under-Graduate Degree programs in Agriculture, Sericulture, Food Technology, Agricultural Marketing & Cooperation, Agri-Biotechnology and Agricultural Engineering; and Master’s Degree programme in 22 disciplines. Doctoral degree programme is offered in 15 disciplines. across its five campuses in Bengaluru, Hassan, Chintamani, Mandya and Chamarajanagara. The University also offers Diploma and Certificate courses to meet the human resource needs of technology, services, marketing and extension in agriculture and allied sectors. The curriculum in all academic programmes is dynamic and backed by University’s five decades of experience in higher education.
The aim of science communicators’ meet is to cultivate and build-up a more closely knit science communication community in the country for disseminating science information for greater participation of citizens in science.
- To bring science communicators to discuss the development and optimum utilization existing & new media and arenas to strengthen the dialogue between the research community and the society.
- To provide opportunities for practitioners of science communication to discuss communication strategies and receive critical feedback.
- To spread scientific thinking among people and make science accessible to them.
Accommodation and Transport
Those who wish to avail accommodation facilities, please go to the Indian Science Congress Official website https://www.isc2020uasb.com and fill the required forms.
Bengaluru is well connected with bus, train and airline facilities. To reach the venue, participants can use city bus service, Uber or Ola cabs.
The Registration Fee (along with the Registration Form) has to be paid as follows :
(Inter bank tranfer) to
CANARA BANK, GKVK Branch, Bengaluru
A/c : 2737101019606 IFSC : CNRB0002737
Money transfer can also be done through internet banking. All payments should be addressed to 107th Indian Science Congress
For further details contact:
Dr. R. Umashanker
Department of Crop Physiology
College of Agriculture, University of Agricultural Sciences
GKVK, Bangalore 560 065